Monday, May 17, 2010

A Day at the Museum


I would like to share with you some photos I took during my last visit to The National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC two weeks ago.

The museum officially opened to the public in 1941, and consisted of only one building, now known as the west building, designed by architect John Russell Pope. I mainly toured the west building, which houses treasures of American and European art and sculpture.

Enjoy the clear photos, as many of the other photos I took were unfortunately unfocused!
If you are in the area check out the current exhibition, From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection.

The East Garden Court

Sculpture Hall
The great Rotunda on the main floor
Photo 1 courtesy of The National Gallery of Art
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails