Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tiffany’s

In my recent holiday trip to New York, I visited the famed establishment Tiffany & Co. on 5th avenue. Naturally, as any of you would do, as I was going through its door, I couldn’t help but to think of the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I was greeted first by the always-polished personnel who were wearing their Tiffany’s scarves, and second by the gleaming jewelry…

Aiming to visit the home department on the fourth floor, going up the elevator I was greeted again by the old-fashioned and polite elevator attendant…



 An exquisite holiday table setting with all the gifts wrapped beautifully just ready for you to buy

Well… at the end of my visit I didn’t buy jewelry, china or silver, but… I purchased a book titled Breakfast at Tiffany's: The Official 50th Anniversary Companion from the nearby Rizzoli bookstore.


The book celebrates the fiftieth anniversary of the making of the movie, highlighting all the details. In one of its chapters, it discusses the interiors of the movie as you can see below.

The intriguing bathtub that was converted into a sofa, so Holly Golightly...

The struggling writer Paul, his apartment didn’t reflect his personality but was appealing to his decorator girlfriend

A timeless book and a must buy for all classic movies and Hepburn enthusiasts.

Photo 1,2 by Amal for Picture of Elegance Blog
Photo 3,4,5 courtesy of Paramount 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails