Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Speaking of Eric Cohler

  Eric Cohler is one of the nation's leading designers, one who delivered a lecture I had the pleasure of attending at the Washington Design Center. Cohler is very well educated, very well spoken, and needless to say very passionate about design.

Cohler earned his Historic Preservation Masters Degree from Columbia University School of Architecture, and later received a Certificate in Design from Harvard Graduate School of Design.

His style is a mix of the old and the new. Cohler describes his style, “I’m a traditionalist wrapped in a cloak of modernity: my look is tailored with a twist.” He respects honored elements of the past and blends it with influences from the present, which enriches his designs and makes it more interesting.

You can listen to what he has to say. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/v/bgkODmyqGec&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Kips Bay show house 2007




Video via YouTube
Photo 1, 4 courtesy of
Eric Cohler ‘s site
Photo 2 courtesy of
House Beautiful 's site
Photo 3 Inspired Styles, photography Nicholas Sargent

2 comments:

The Blushing Hostess said...

Remarkable indeed. I did see his work in a show house although I cannot remember when.... I wonder. Child bearing, it seeped all the memory out of me!

Anyway, found you through Mrs. B and so glad I did, her blog is an old friend and we are in Middleburg. Nice to find you!

Picture of Elegance Blog said...

I’m very happy you enjoyed my post.Cohler's lecture was about the use of colors in interiors.
Thank you for your kind words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails